(1899 – Present) The Lauder Cemetery is extremely well kept.
There are no stories published for this geoitem.
Other Features Nearby
(1895 - 1897) A Cheese Factory existed on this site for a short time. Milk was gathered from surrounding farms and made into cheese.
The Estevan Branch of the Canadian Pacific Railway reached Melita in 1891 and continued to the Saskatchewan border.
(1905-1976) The CPR built west of Lauder as far as Broomhill then continued to Tilston the following summer. A flood in the spring of 1976 took out the bridge at Bernice along with some of the track, which brought an end to the use of this Branch.
(1912 – 1962) The Lauder Subdivision, also known as the “Blue Flea” Line. The Tracks were removed in 1975-6.
(1891) Two of the CPR lines met at Lauder in a “T” junction.
Located in the small ghost town of Lauder, this coffeeshop is housed in the community’s old two room schoolhouse. Open sometimes 7 days a week, call for hours. 200 Lorne Ave, Lauder. PHONE: 204-858-2244
(At least 1893-1973) Old school house became town hall. "New" building is still used as a post office and coffee shop; the "Lauder" Inn. (2011)
- Publicly Accessible
- Unknown or Not Applicable