(1914 – 1961) Coatstone was a stop on the Wakopa Subdivision of the Canadian National Railway.
There are no stories published for this geoitem.
Other Features Nearby
(1880 – 1885) The Boiler Trail provided a detour around the muddiest section of the Boundary Commission Trail.
(Pre 1600 - 1885) The Boundary Commission Trail was the first “highway” to the west, carrying First Nations to and fro, Métis on buffalo hunts and finally Europeans looking for rich farmland.
The 28 miles of the Canadian National Railway from Adelpha to Deloraine was completed in 1914.
(1882 – 1883) George Morton launched a cheese-making project west of Whitewater Lake. He may have been successful if he hadn't overlooked a couple key factors . . .
Located in the golf course clubhouse, 7kms southeast of Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-2411
The Mandan Trail was a primary artery of travel and trade between the Assiniboine River Forts and the Missouri River where the Mandan First Nations lived.
(1882 – 1886) Old Deloraine was established just north of the Land Titles Office, but moved when the railway came through the area.
(1880 – 1886) Homesteaders in southwestern Manitoba had to first make their way to the Old Deloraine Land Titles Office, managed by George Newcomb, to register land claims.