(1898-1974) In 1898 Elva School moved from previous location to present location.
- 1891 - Present One of the first homesteaders in what came to be known as the district of Elva was H. J. Archibald and his family. They came from the east in 1882 and settled northwest of where Elva was later built. Archibald established a post office out of his home, which received the mail once a week from Brandon. [[inline:right:elva]] In 1891 James Skelton agreed to sell some of his land to the Canadian Pacific Railway, which was looking to continue the line west from Melita. An unincorporated village grew on a corner of Skelton’s land. The community was …
- Elva Elevator
- [[inline:right:elva-elevator]] The oldest remaining elevator in Canada! ~1892—Present Grain elevators are an age-old symbol of western Canada – they stand like sentinels over ghost towns, communities and endless acres of farmland. The grain elevator was, and still is, the link between the farmer and the market, providing storage and serving as a shipping centre for bulk grain. However, the old-style wooden elevator does not have a secure future. Today super silos have taken over the job previously done by small, in-town elevators. Many of the old, and by comparison smaller, elevators are being torn down – in Manitoba the rate …