Features Listed by Designation: None
Adelpha The Wakopa Subdivision of the Canadian National Railway reached Adelpha in 1905 and went no further until 1914. Adelpha was a hub of commercial activity during this time.
Alcester (1908 – 1936) Alcester was a stop on the Great Northern Railway line.
All Saint's Church (1888-1929) The All Saints Church was established by a group of Church of England settlers. It served the area for over 30 years.
Alston Site – Old Trading Post (Late 1700s) The log foundations of a fur trading post were discovered at this site in 1937. This was one of two posts that were located on the south side of the Souris River as opposed to the north.
American Fur Trading Co. Fort (1810 – 1828) There were two fur trading posts on the Souris River run by the American Fur Trading Company. The exact location of the other one is unknown.
Argue (1898 – 1961) Argue was known as "Trackend" for a year as it was the most westerly station on the Winnipeg-Carmen-Hartney Branch of the Canadian National Railway until 1900 when the line continued to Hartney and Virden.
Ash House (1795 – 1797) Ash House was likely the first fur trading post built on the Souris River.
Assiniboine Tents (1738) La Verendrye was the first European to cross the plains and in 1738 he came across a collection of 101 Assiniboine tents along Cherry Creek.
Bannerman (1905 – 1936) Bannerman served as the Canada Customs depot for travellers coming from North Dakota on the Great Northern Railway.
Boissevain (1885 – Present) Cherry Creek was the name of this town before the CPR came through and renamed it after a Dutch financier.
Dakota – Assiniboine Battle (1849) A battle between the Dakota and Assiniboine occurred on this site.
Billy's Point (1930s) Billy Gosselin's home became a meeting place and dance hall for the Metigoshe Métis Community.
Bolton's Sawmill (1880 – 1881) Mr. Bolton established a sawmill on the north shore of Lake Max. It was bought by George Morton the next year.
Boundary Trail Visible - Sourisford (1873) The Boundary Commissioner Trail is still visible in this location. It is used by a local farmer to run cattle down to the Souris River.
Cadzow (1886 - ) Cadzow was a stop on the Pembina Branch of the Canadian Pacific Railway.
Cameron (1902 – 1996) Cameron was a stop on the Lyleton Branch of the Canadian Pacific Railway.
Canada Creek The Forestry Reserve game wardens chose to turn their heads the other direction when it came to the fishing practices of the Metis living around Metigoshe Lake.
Coal Discovered-1879 (1879) The first lignite coal to be discovered in Manitoba occurred nearby Wakopa.
Cranmer (1900 – 1996) Cranmer was a stop on the Lyleton Branch of the Canadian Pacific Railway.
Croll (1914 – 1974) Croll was a station on the “Blue Flea” Line (CPR). Its Manitoba Pool elevator held 77 000 bushels.
Hathaway (1913 – 1962) Hathaway was the name of a station on the “Blue Flea” Line of the CPR.
Dakota Camp after the Battle of Little Bighorn (1876) After the Battle of Little Bighorn in South Dakota, the victorious Dakota camped temporarily on the western end of Turtle Mountain in Canada.
Dand (1913 – 1962) Dand was a station on the CPR's “Blue Flea” line which grew into a small community.
Deep Ravine (McLeod) Mine (1931 – 1933) The Mcleod Coal Mine operated for two years, run by a pair of spirited men from Wales.
Desford (1908 – 1936) Desford was the name of a station along the Great Northern Railway.
Fairburn (1908 – 1936) Fairburn was a stop on the Great Northern Railway line from St. John North Dakota to Brandon, Manitoba.
Fairburn “Park” A small plot of land is set aside where the rail bed of the Great Northern Railway crosses the present-day No. 3 Highway. This was the location of the Fairburn train station.
First Métis Homestead (1908) The first permanent Métis settler in the Turtle Mountain area was Louis McLeod who settled within a mile from the US-Canadian border. This was the beginning of the Metigoshe Métis Community.
Fort Mr. Grant (1824 – 1861) Cuthbert Grant established this fort on the Souris River on behalf of the HBC to keep illegal operations from diverting business away from the company.
Fox Sawmill (1881 – 1884) Thomas L. Fox was an early settler in the Wakopa area. He received a logging licence early in 1881.
Goodlands (1899 – Present) This village grew up around the train station on the CPR line that led southwest from Deloraine.
Garrioch's Post (1840 – 1845) Peter Garrioch was an independent fur trader, and a bitter rival to the H.B.C. And N. W. Co. Some of his trade was no doubt illegal.
Grande Clairière Convent (1898 – 1923) The Grande Clairière Convent was the home of six nuns and about 40 boarding house students at a time.
Grande Clairière Station (1905 – 1961) When the railroad finally reached Grande Clairière, the station was established north of town.
Gros Ventre Village (1812) A First Nations village once existed at the intersection of the South Antler and Souris Rivers.
H.B.C. Post (1880) This Hudson's Bay Company post was managed by Agent C. Burns.
H.B.C. Post - Whitewater (1802-1805) The Hudson Bay Company operated a winter fur trading post south of Whitewater Lake for a few years. It was not a success and was soon abandoned.
Hainsworth Mine (1931 – 1933) The Hainsworth Mine was operated by the Deloraine Coal Company for two years.
Old Deloraine Land Titles Office (1880 – 1886) Homesteaders in southwestern Manitoba had to first make their way to the Old Deloraine Land Titles Office, managed by George Newcomb, to register land claims.
Moncur Gallery – People of the Plains The Moncur Gallery contains over 1000 artifacts, most of which local historian Mr. Bill Moncur picked up out of his field.