CPR-Pembina Branch to Napinka
(1892) Work on a rail line past Deloraine was finally started, and headed to Napinka which displeased farmers in Melita.
There are no stories published for this geoitem.
Other Features Nearby
The 28 miles of the Canadian National Railway from Adelpha to Deloraine was completed in 1914.
208 Finlay Ave E, Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-2096
Private guesthouse with century decor. Includes homecooked meals. In Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-3133
The Estevan Branch of the Canadian Pacific Railway reached Melita in 1891 and continued to the Saskatchewan border.
After much hard work, locals in Waskada convinced the CPR to build a rail line southwest of Deloraine. It reached as far as Waskada in 1900.
The CPR reached Deloraine in 1886.
(1886-Present) The town of Old Deloraine relocated to this location to be on along the railroad.
Cardlock and full service gas bar, Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-2226
Located ¼ mile E of Hwy 21, in Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-2677 or 204-747-2416 VISIT: http://www.campscout.com/campground/MB0119/
208 Finlay Ave E, Deloraine. 11 rooms available, cable TV, Internet access for laptops in each room. PHONE: 204-747-2076
(1884-Present) School was in operation at Old Deloraine for two years before it moved to present Deloraine.
(After 1882- about 1887)
Downtown Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-6373
(1846) An independent trader who was believed to come from Turtle Mountain set up a post in the Napinka area.
(1892 - ?) Leighton was the name of a train station on the Pembina Branch of the Canadian Pacific Railroad.
Medora was a village on the Canadian Pacific Railway between Deloraine and Napinka.
(1886-1975) In 1898 it moved to Medora. In 1914 the name changed from Burns to Medora.
(1891 – Present) At the crux of two railways, Napinka was at first thought destined to be a successful railway town.
(1884-1975) Napinka School was closed from 1893-1894.
(At least 1886-1966) The second school was built just south of the first one.
(1896 –Present) The Prairie Skills building has come through many incarnations since it was built to serve as a Catholic church.
(1801 – 1870s) A replica of a Red River Cart sits in the Deloraine Park. The Red River Cart was specifically designed to suit the fur trade. Its squeaky wheels carved deep trails into the prairie landscape of the 1800s.
Newly opened and refurnished in 2011. PHONE: 747-DINE or 747-3463
Downtown Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-2447