CPR-Pembina Branch to Deloraine
The CPR reached Deloraine in 1886.
There are no stories published for this geoitem.
Other Features Nearby
(1738) La Verendrye was the first European to cross the plains and in 1738 he came across a collection of 101 Assiniboine tents along Cherry Creek.
Look at life through the eyes of a prairie pioneer at the Beckoning Hills Museum.
(At least 1901-1967) In 1948 Bluevale School moved to present location.
(1901-1967) In 1948 Bluevale School moved from previous location to present location.
(1880 – 1885) The Boiler Trail provided a detour around the muddiest section of the Boundary Commission Trail.
(1885 – Present) Cherry Creek was the name of this town before the CPR came through and renamed it after a Dutch financier.
Breads, Cakes, Muffins, Cinnamon Buns, Cookies, Coffee and many other treats. Phone: 204-534-6130
Located next door to the swimming pool, ball diamonds and fair grounds. Phone: 1-204-534-2406 Email: email@example.com
Hwy 10, just north of Boissevain
“Romance by the Railroad Park,” South Railway St – Local farmers and craftspeople gather here every Friday from June 1st to September 30th. Lunch is served by a different community group every week. 11am - 1pm
Just south of Boissevain off Hwy 10. Phone: 204-534-2365
578 Mill Rd. Home to Hotstuff Pizza and a full convenience store. Phone: 204-534-7243
336 South Railway St, Boissevain. Phone: 204-534-2441
(1820s and 1830s) The Dakota and Assiniboine met in this region for a battle.
Good fast food and ice cream on the north edge of Boissevain. Phone: 204-534-2226
(1886 - ) Cadzow was a stop on the Pembina Branch of the Canadian Pacific Railway.
(1888-1945) Caranton was previously known as Nimitaw. The Caranton School District bought the old Nimitaw School building and moved it. And moved again twice in it's lifetime.
(1888-1945) Caranton School moved from previous location to the second school site.
(1888-1945) In 1903 Caranton School moved for the last time from the previous location to the third and present school site.
Located in the Home Hotel, 488 South Railway, Boissevain. Phone: 204-534-6272
An award-winning model railway collection. Located in Boissevain beside Tommy Turtle.
The 28 miles of the Canadian National Railway from Adelpha to Deloraine was completed in 1914.
208 Finlay Ave E, Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-2096
Private guesthouse with century decor. Includes homecooked meals. In Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-3133
(1912 – 1962) The Lauder Subdivision, also known as the “Blue Flea” Line. The Tracks were removed in 1975-6.
After much hard work, locals in Waskada convinced the CPR to build a rail line southwest of Deloraine. It reached as far as Waskada in 1900.
The CPR reached Boissevain in 1885.
(1892) Work on a rail line past Deloraine was finally started, and headed to Napinka which displeased farmers in Melita.
(1886-Present) The town of Old Deloraine relocated to this location to be on along the railroad.
Cardlock and full service gas bar, Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-2226
Located ¼ mile E of Hwy 21, in Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-2677 or 204-747-2416 VISIT: http://www.campscout.com/campground/MB0119/
208 Finlay Ave E, Deloraine. 11 rooms available, cable TV, Internet access for laptops in each room. PHONE: 204-747-2076
(1884-Present) School was in operation at Old Deloraine for two years before it moved to present Deloraine.
(1882 – 1883) George Morton launched a cheese-making project west of Whitewater Lake. He may have been successful if he hadn't overlooked a couple key factors . . .
300 South Railway St, Boissevain. Locally owned and operated. Phone: 204-534-6568
(1905 – 1936) The Great Northern Railway covered the almost 70 miles between Brandon, Manitoba and St. John North Dakota.
(May 1,1884-1966) Hazeldean School moved from previous location to present location.
(1802-1805) The Hudson Bay Company operated a winter fur trading post south of Whitewater Lake for a few years. It was not a success and was soon abandoned.
Downtown Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-6373
A collection of 300 full-mount animals from North America and New Zealand set in interactive, natural scenes.
(September 11, 1957-1962)
The Mandan Trail was a primary artery of travel and trade between the Assiniboine River Forts and the Missouri River where the Mandan First Nations lived.
Take in a gentle view over the prairie towards Whitewater Lake from a point on the now obliterated Mandan Trail.
(1925 – 1968) The first cemetery of the Mennonite Church in southwest Manitoba.
(1939 – 1960) Mennonites from Eastern Europe and Russia immigrated to the Whitewater area in 1923 and built this church.
(1882 – 1920) The townsite of Moberly on the shore of Whitewater Lake was promoted as a resort town. It turned out to be a giant land swindle and the town never materialized.
The Moncur Gallery contains over 1000 artifacts, most of which local historian Mr. Bill Moncur picked up out of his field.
(1886 - ?) Naples was a stop on the Pembina Branch of the Canadian Pacific Railway.
(1802-1805) The North West Fur Trading Company set up a post only a few miles from their rivals, the HBC.
(1894-1967) New school was built in 1957. In 2000 it was purchased by Glenn Buhler and made into a restaurant - Windy Willows, which is closed now. Still standing as of 2012.
(1896 –Present) The Prairie Skills building has come through many incarnations since it was built to serve as a Catholic church.
(1801 – 1870s) A replica of a Red River Cart sits in the Deloraine Park. The Red River Cart was specifically designed to suit the fur trade. Its squeaky wheels carved deep trails into the prairie landscape of the 1800s.
Newly opened and refurnished in 2011. PHONE: 747-DINE or 747-3463
Sanger was a station of the CPR. The “Blue Flea” Line headed north from here.
The Sawmill serves a simple lunch, coffeehouse beverages and treats. Used book store, handmade items, pool table. Open late. PHONE: 204-534-2232 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org VISIT: http://www.prairiepartners.ca/sawmill/default.html
(1892 – 1966) The grounds of Strathallen School are still in occasional use today as a community gathering place and baseball field.
Downtown Deloraine. PHONE: 204-747-2447
Phone: 1-204-534-8004 Email: email@example.com
(1882) Turtle Mountain City existed for not even a year before the town of Waubeesh appeared not a mile to the north.
A newer, bigger building built in 2011. 513 Mill Rd, Boissevain. Phone: 204-534-2989
(1883 – 1887) Waubeesh flourished where Turtle Mountain City did not, but only for a few years before being bypassed by the railroad.
The Manitoba Department of Natural Resources, Turtle Mountain Conservation District and Ducks Unlimited Canada jointly developed a wildlife viewing facility adjacent to the newly completed Ducks Unlimited project at Whitewater Lake.
(1886 – 1960s) Whitewater village flourished on the shore of Whitewater Lake for over 75 years.